Followers

Friday 13 March 2015

unforgettable mother's day

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well an looking forward to the weekend.
As you may know especially if you read my last post I had totally forgot about Mother's day (hhhmmm) so had to get a wiggle on when I was to make one for my Mother in Law to send to her Mother then I had to make my mother in Law one from us (oh boy) luckily for me my mother has shop brought cards now (hard lesson learned) so that was one less to make and think about  thankfully.
I started to colour this image Monday and has done a really grand job even if I do say so myself, I was really pleased with it but something was missing Ahhh haaaa the background!!!!!! it needs something rather than just the white of the cardso I cut a mask out and started to do the background only to go and bodge it up well would you begger it. Oh well I thought nothing lost I can fussy cut around it and do another background. Well let's just say that didn't go to plane either so I decided to start again and here is the finished card (phew I did enjoy making it though)

 papers are from Pixel scrapper and papercellar they have been distressed and inked with spun sugar brushed corderoy DI then matted onto white card which has also been distressed.

I used some burlap ribbon and lace from my stash and the flowers (in the corners)are digital embellishments I cut out then added a gem too


 The gorgeous image is a Mo Manning Image called I forgot I think it's adorable and just right for my MiL as she LOVES elephants. This sweetie hs been coloured in with prisma pencils and has also been given the distressed treatment after being die cut out


 To finish off i made the insert bringing the image in to co ordinate and  adding a small verse I left the image uncoloured in this insert thought it looked better with the colour of the papers I didn't want to over do it
I also brought the digital flowers and put them in the corners and there you have it

 Well I hope you al have a lovely weekend and all you Mom's out there have a fantastic lazy Mother's Day on Sunday
Thanks for popping over I will see you again very soon and I leave you with another look at thie gorgeous image and a list of challenges I would like to enter





http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.co.uk/ Mums

 http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.ca/ Ribbon & lace

 http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-249-anything-mo-goes.html

 http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/ bingo (dies,image, gems)

 http://scrap-craft-inspiration.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-4-mothers-day.html

 http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ focus on image

 http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/AG-no-24.html ATG

 http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com.ar/2015/03/dt-call.html

19 comments:

gail said...

Jacki this is gorgeous, I love the elephant image and your colouring is lovely. Great mothers day card. Gail xx

Nikki Stalker said...

Gorgeous card. Great colours, layout and a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.

Nikki

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Fantastic coloring. Fabulous design and great details! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

McCrafty's Cards said...

Such an adorable card Jacki, I like the sweet elephant the ribbon and the lace
Kevin xx

Michelle said...

This is so cute. And all that layering is great.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Hope we see you again next challenge.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Jackie, this is gorgeous, love the elephant and beautiful papers and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pamellia said...

Adorable Jacki! What a sweet elephant and your papers and colours are so pretty! happy weekend :)

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Jacki. What an amazing creation. Your colouring of that cute elephant is just wonderful, such a talented lady. Beautiful papers and design, I just love all the layers and everything is so beautifully co-ordinated. The lace and braid is so delicate and adds the most wonderful textures to it, very SPECIAL indeed.
Happy crafting sweetie.
Lots of love, Sandra xxxx

Lady E said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and beautiful colors! Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and good luck!
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Debby Kuster said...

I love your elephant stamp
it is tooooooo cute
love the colors it's a superb card
thank you for sharing at FNF

Hugs Debby

Mary Lou said...

Super Cute card Jacki!!! Love that dear elephant!! So happy you joined in the Ribbons and Lace challenge at Fussy and Fancy!! Best of luck!!
Hugs

Michelle said...

This is beautiful Jacki. Love your layers, image and colours. The inside is gorgeous too - Michelle x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sweet image, lovely card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Fab 'n' Funky this week with our 'Focus on the Image' challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

KandA said...

Both of your mothers day cards are fabulous. Super images and fabulous details xx

michele said...

Thank-you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity Jacki:) Gorgeous card! hugs x

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is such a charming card. I love the cute little elephant and the beautiful details you have added make this card a cut above the rest! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER. Good luck and please join us again.

Tracy said...

Your little ellie is so sweet Jacki. I really like how you used the crossed ribbons in the design. Lots of great distressing too. Thanks so much for joining in Mo's challenge!

lis-m said...

do love this elephant!
Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Mo's this time. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Love the card and the little elephant is just so adorable. Thank you so much for joining us the Crafts Galore Encore challenge 'Anything goes'.