Followers

Saturday 22 August 2015

Love Bug Baby

So hello everyone I hope you are all fine and dandy. Things here are OK a little busy but we can’t complain about that can we (well we can and do but you know what I mean) I have another card for you today I made these that I showing now (one is a day or so you know I like to tease you) last week but as the birthday wasn’t until today and I know they do see some of my posts I thought it best not to post until the day has arrived. So here it is Now do you remember I promised a different sized card. Well as promised (did you ever doubt it) here it is.



The card is 6½x7½ (told you it was different)I really do love making this size card and used to do them most of the time a while back may have to start to do more.






Anyhoo the LO is a sketch from PTW and the papers are from Pixel Scrapper, of course they have been distressed and inked with picked raspberry and spun sugar then matted onto white card which has also been distressed. The sentiment was done in the same way also.






The image is baby fairy bug from Mo Manning. As soon as I was asked to make this card I decided I was using this image it’s just so darn cute and a dream to colour, Which I did with my promarkers and prisma pencils (for more detailing).I am starting to fall back in love with my Promarkers again although I have to say my pencils are still in the lead.







Once coloured I cut out a mask for the image then with stencil brushes created the background using distress inks, I really enjoy this technique you think you have put wayyyyy to much on because of the blank mask but once you take that away and see the colour underneath you see there is nothing to worry about. Then Die cut the image out using spellbinder labels. Not forgetting to add some glitter to her wings.





To embellish the card I made a large fussy bow in raspberry pink organza ribbon then I made my pearl teardrop centre piece using a strip of tulle gathered and sewn to make the ruffle I glued in place then added a few decorative pins.







Finally the insert I used the same papers from the front to tie it together then I brought the image through fading it into the background and flipping it for each side so they were back to back. Then it was trying to find a verse that I thought was suitable for a 1st birthday card from your baby girl and this one seemed so sweet so I went with it. It’s short but I think it has the aawwwww factor.






And so there you have my card for today I hope you like it and I will see you very soon with the other one for the same person and a tutorial whoop whoop


I will leave you with a list of challenges and another look at the beautiful image.




Challenges











Happy crafting

15 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Jacki. I know this is a favourite image of yours, and it is coloured perfectly as always.
I love the design and pretty papers, and the bow is just fantastic. It looks fabulous with the decorative pins behind it.
Happy crafting.
Lots of love, Sandra xxxx

Sue said...

Jacki, this is a beautiful card. Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the pretty layers you have added. I am very taken with how you masked the image and used distress inks as background and shading - it looks wonderful.
Thank you for sharing your card with us this time at In The Pink.
Sue...xxx

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet card...love your adorable little cutie pie and that pink, just perfect. Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles.

Kim
DoubleClick Skittles DT

Judy V said...

Oh my what a cute card this is! Love the sweet image! Thanks for joining us at CC&CC!

Judy V said...

Love this sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card design and clours. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny x

Waving My Wand said...

Oh goodness, that card is just precious! Nice job onthe ccoloring. Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles challenge.

Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

Dawn said...

Hi Jacki, hope you;re well!
I love love love you gorgeous creation!
That image is gorgeous & you've coloured it beautifully!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Nathalie said...

Very cute birthday card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge this week.
Nathalie

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful sweet card, thank for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Beaumonde Designs said...

So cute! Love how you did the wings! You coloring is awesome! Thank you for joining the Doubleclick Skittles challenge! Design Team Member - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

Cindy said...

Hi Jacki, this is in one word amazing! What a beautiful colored card. Love it!
Thank you for joining the challenge of CC&CC. Hugs, Cindy

Taunya Butler said...

Jacki - THIS IS DARLING!!! What a sweet image and what wonderful details you have added around her to make her shine!! SO cute!! So very glad you joined us for the Use a Bug Challenge over at DoubleClick!! We are so glad you linked up with us!! Hope to see you again soon!!!
Taunya Butler
DoubleClick Design Team
http://daisiesgirl.com/

Georgiana said...

Too cute! Thank you for joining our “Bug” Challenge this week at DoubleClick Skittles.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
DoubleClick Skittles DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So beautiful, love your flower and design and of course your colouring.

For some reason Bloglovin isn't telling me of your work, so have signed up again!!!!!!