Followers

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Ahoy me hearties

Good evening my dears I hope you’re fine and dandy after the long weekend I hope you didn’t indulge too much lol I was really good 1 box of ferrero rocher courtesy of my mom & dad in law demolished (thank you they were lovely as always yumm yumm) So I have had a good crafty weekend and managed to finish off most of the April cards needed (yayyyy) AND just because I felt like and have wanted to colour this beauty since she went on sale and I snapped her up (you know me with Mo’s images I have to have ‘em) made a card because I wanted to no other reason than that and had a blast doing it . Why is it most of the time it’s the ones you make for no apparent reason you enjoy making the most(????? I do’ know?)


So I will get straight to it as this is the card I want to show.




It’s my usual 8x8” and the papers are new from a site I found called Liana ScrapThe papers are totally free (come on you know me and my freebie papers have to have them) I have printed them off distressed the edges then inled with chipped sapphire and fired brick DI’s. For the LO I used the new sketch by Jules over at alwayswithaheart its sketch 25. I did add some eyelets to one of the papers I don’t use them very often I always seem to struggle with them getting them to flatten for some reason and I can’t use the gadget with the hammer as it’s too loud for me. But I managed I added so red satin ribbon and tied in a bow.



The image is called Sailor by Mo Manning and I have coloured her with my polychromo pencils which  I really enjoyed doing considering I printed her out so large and there was quite a bit of her to colour lol. I then made a mask using another print of the image and going over the background with DI’s and stencil brushes added some ground and a bit of blue sky (would be nice to see some here too



I printed the greeting off with the papers and again inked and distressed it to match the card. I also printed off a digital anchor that a freebie from Pixel Scrapper I printed it onto very thick card stock (about 410gsm I think) then cut out and triple embossed with clear embossing powder then added a red bow to match the ribbon .


Then it was making the insert as is my usual I used the same papers as on the front and faux matted with a white piece then brought the image through again using it uncoloured but also fading it out behind the verse to add interest and there you have it.





I hope you like it I do hehe. Enjoy the rest of your week whatever you are up to and I will see you very soon .





   Challenges










Happy crafting

11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous card, both inside and out, Jacki! Love the sweet image and your fab nautical details. Now I'm of to try and fetch those papers. Thanks so much for joining our special 2nd Anniversary ATG Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Robin said...

Oh so very adorable! I love all the nautical elements you added. Thanks for playing along with us at LTSCB and good luck. Hugs, Robin

Gail said...

This is truly adorable. I love the image and the papers along with the layout and embellishments. Lovely card and your little red bows are too cute! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our March challenge. Hugs, Gail

Jules said...

Hi Jacki

Loving what you did with Sketch 25!

Your image, papers and fabulous colouring make for a great finished card.

I wish all my April work was completed already!!

I felt sure I was following your blog but can't see my rubbish photo on your gallery so have signed up again. Perhaps it was your old one I was following.

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Dewi Lestari said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER card, love all the lovely details of the bow and the anchor, adorable image coloured beautifully. Perfect insert as always.

Thanks for the link, LURVE freebies too.
Faith
x

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! The image and papers are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, love your card. Fabulous creative design and colours are lovely. Thanks for sharing at our current challenge.xx

{aNNie Crafty Friends Challenge DT Member}

Silvia sencaka said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining our challenge at Aurora Wings. Good luck! Silvia,DT

CreaMelanie said...

Beautiful, and what a great coloring you do.Thank you for joining the our crafty corner challenge.
Hugs, Melanie DT

Special Thoughts said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jacki. Your colouring is just amazing. Beautiful papers and design. Full of wonderful detail as always, an amazing creation.
Lots of love Sandra xxxx