Followers

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Shiver me timbers



Well wasn’t yesterday a scorcher oh boy I’m surrounded by electric fans cooling me down but what a beautiful day again this is how summer should be I hope we have plenty more.
I am back today sharing a card that has been loooooong (way to long) in the making you may remember a bit back I made an iddy biddy treasure chest that I wanted for a card well this is the card that’s how long it has taken me to make it (no idea why except other cards getting in the way lol).
So without any further delay here it is 

It’s another 8x8” card (you know I like me big ones hahahah
The papers are freebies from Lianascraps they are just perfect for these type of cards they have of course been given the Jacki treatment of being distressed (well I have to take my stress levels out on something lol) and inked with chipped sapphire distress inks I matted them onto some brown paper that was also a freebie but not sure where from and this was inked with walnut stain DI.

I followed an old sketch for the LO but thought it would interesting with this theme
The image is of course CaptainHugh form Mo Manning and again this is the first time I have coloured this image mainly coloured with my Pablo pencils this time but also used my polychromo’s as well.

I die cut the image out and distressed and inked the edges then cut a mat from white card stock and did the same with this then mounted the image with 3D tape


To embellish I added the handmade treasure chest which I totally enjoyed making, you would not believe how easy it was to put together. Then I printed off some pieces of eight and some barrels embossed these with clear embossing powder and added to the card. I also printed off a little map to look like a treasure map I tore the edges and inked then aged a piece of string, then tied it around the map after rolling the outer edges in. (you can see opened map in top corner pic)


I think it’s the old love (still do) of Adam Ant and all the pirate theme that I really get lost in making this type of card must be why I love the Pirates of the Caribbean besides my love of Mr Depp.
 

For the insert I decided to keep it pretty simple just added a paper from the front matted with a white piece then added the image and the barrels then added the greetings. And Shiver me timber Hoist the mainbrace job done


Hope you like it and I will see you very soon
 

   Challenges





http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ PUNCHES OR DIES (PUNCHES TO CUT IOUT PIECES OF EIGHT DIE CUT IMAGE)







Happy Crafting
Jacki XX


8 comments:

Chris said...

Brilliant card Jacki, fabulous colouring of that gorgeous Mo Manning pirate, great design...love it1 Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month
Chris
x

Unknown said...

Awesome card!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Jules said...

This is fabulous Jacki.

Love the image and the great background you have given it - and what a fabby sentiment too!

Amazing little treasure chest and embellishments .. .. .. So many yummy things to look at!

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER DUPER Pirate card, would be loved by anyone receiving it.

Glad you have good weather, we had spattering rain and clouds and temps of 19C same today with temps of 18C :( that was our 2 days of Summer!

(By the way we had the heating on on Sunday afternoon!) Think I'll have to move to England LOL.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely card. Great use of Dies for our challenge theme. Good luck and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Amazing card!! Just needed extra time for perfection. Love the image and design. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Unknown said...

What a wonderful pirate card! That treasure map is AWESOME!
Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s July challenge!

-DT NieNie