Followers

Saturday 2 July 2016

Summer lovin'



Well I'm back again for my last card today I had so much fun making this little (ok not so little) beauty.
For this make I maded an 8x8" card blank and used the papers from the papers section of the new download which I distressed and inked with abandoned coral mermaids lagoon and cracked pestachio DI. 
For the image I merged Winnie building sandcastles with Rocco fish & chips, now for some strange reason as soon as I merged them I kept getting summer nights from Grease going over in my head so of course I had to give him a dark quiff like Danny(JT) and give Winnie blondie locks like Sandy(ONJ)
 I coloured the image in this time with my Prisma and Derwent coloursoft pencils. (I can't choose which I like more Prisma or poly's it's heard and I think it depends on the image lol. I love trying to give these characters 'real' eyes if you know what I mean and Rocco seemed really easy to do I'm not perfect but you know what they say about practice (I need lots lol)
Now I wanted a a sweet sentiment and as I had used the cherry papers I had seen in the quote/sentiments a greeting saying 'you're the cherry on top' so then I got another ong going through my head whichj was Savage Garden 'All around me' so I had to make another add on sentiment (those that know the band will/ should know the song but I will put a link at the bottom. There is a line in the song that says you're the fries on the side you're the cherry on top so that was it my greeting for the card

To finish the card I added shells as with the other cards made and also the crabby sandcastle from the embellishment section of the download.
Well that's it from me today I will leave you with a list of challenges I would to enter this into and I will see you tomorrow with my last 2 cards for this week long launch. Don't forget to head over to Polkdoodles FB  and join in our challenges at http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

 Challenges


http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.co.uk/ LIGHTHOUSE OR BEACH/OCEAN THEME








 Savage Garden All around me (no actual vid but you can listen to a magical voice (swoon)


Happy Crafting
Jacki XX



7 comments:

Kathy said...

Sweet card!
Thanks for joining in with the "July Elemental Inspiration Picture" challenge from The Daring Cardmakers this week

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another fabulous card, love the eyes and your colouring, fab characters and card.
Faith
x

Dawn said...

Very cute and love the sentiments. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Jacki, I love that super fun image! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Kat W said...

Fab Summer card and the 2 images look great together, and your colouring is lovely :-)
Thanks for playing along with us at As You Like It!
Kat x

Wheelie Crafty said...

Fab Card Hunni... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

My Scrap Pages and Cards said...

Love the theme and image to your card.
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie DT