Followers

Saturday 31 December 2016

Last of the Happy cards





Hello my  lovelies and a Happy new Year to you all I hope you all have a wonderful time bringing in the New Year if you are off out celebrating, for me it will be a quiet night in front of the TV  I can’t coping with all the noise especially on a night like tonight.
So did Santa bring you everything you wanted I have been playing with my new pencils (not on the card I am showing today) and my new camera which I had from my Mom and Dad in Law as my old one keeps playing up so I think it’s time to replace it :(
So on to my card today do you remember just before Christmas I said I was making some Happy cards and was able to show you most of them except one well today I can finally show you the last card
A friend of Phil was expecting their first baby and the due date was a couple of weeks ago so I made the card in advance and we weren’t sure what the sex of the baby was so I played safe and went with yellow. It was so nice to make a baby card in a different colour rather than pink or blue!!!
 



Anyway Baby Madison was born just after Christmas (I knew it was a girl as soon as she went over her due date girls are so lazy and do not want to come out!!) and they have now received the card
It’s my usual 8x8” card the papers are from Pixel Scrapper (all links will be at the bottom of post)
I distressed the edges and inked with various yellow DI,  I added some white satin star ribbon across the centre of the paper and made a bow to add later.
 
 The image is called shiny and new from Mo Manning I have used this on a couple of cards now it’s a joy to colour and so cute. I coloured with a mix of Polychromo, Pablo and Luminance pencils then created a mask to do the background.
I added some cheese cloth behind the image before adding to the card then added the greeting.

To embellish the card I used some adorable baby embellies I got from US when we went a couple of years ago. Then I added the ribbon bow along with a shabby bow I made using hessian threads to which I added a little glass dummy.


Finally for the insert I made this in my usual way taking a paper from the front and matting with a white piece bringing the image through and then found a short sweet verse to finish it off 

Hope you like it. Again I wish you all a very Happy Healthy and crafty 2017  

Here’s a list of links to what I used
http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/shiny-and-new

Challenges








Happy Crafting
Jacki XX

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a treasure for Madison to see and enjoy when she is older, a Beautiful card, a real heirloom.
Faith
X
Happy New Year.

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful card, I have this image and haven't coloured yet. Must remedy that. Totally beautiful in yellow and love the embellishments.

Lori Turner said...

Thank you for entering your wonderful card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week - Happy New Year! xoxo

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute baby card! TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge!

ELE said...

beautiful card ! Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

Simona said...

Lovely project! Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge this week.
Simona, BSC DT