Followers

Friday 12 May 2017

Anything goes with a die (polkadoodles)


Good morning crafty friends I’m back with another make for the new challenge over at Polkadoodles. As always for you guys it’s anything goes but for us we have been asked to use a die with our makes.
For my card I have used the new(ish) release Ula’s life collection and image be yourself which I have coloured with a mix of Polychrome and Lyra pencils. 

The papers are from the Octavia collection I decided to do for black 7 white with a pop of pink, then I used some toadstools from the Winnie in wonderland collection.

 I used the toadstool die which I cut out a couple of times to across the middle of my card these dies from Nikky are just amazing to use no problems with them cutting at all just like a hot knife through butter. 

To finish the card I made a large floppy bow I have done a little pic tutorial on how I do these bows as I was asked by someone how I make them (hope it helps I haven’t mastered the art of making videos yet lol)(pics below)
So there you have my card for today hope you like it and I will soon with another make.







So for the floppy bow you will need a good length of ribbon for this one I have used 3 colours






Make different size bows (just plain normal bows) with the ribbon until you have about 4 or 5 and still have a length left to tie in the middle.






Singe the edges of the ribbon with a lighter if you’re using organza ribbon to stop it from fraying




Then with a hot glue gun start sticking the bows together on top of each other (it doesn’t matter if they go a little wonky) just make sure that you have the larger bows at the bottom








When they are all down you then need to add the longer length piece around the middle and tie at back for your tails and cut to correct size.






Then all you need to do is add whatever you want for the centre piece at the front knot For this one I added a button but you can add a brad if you prefer.

Challenges
Happy Crafting
Jacki xx

4 comments:

Karon said...

Beautiful card xx Have a good weekend x

coops said...

So gorgeous Jacki.Fab sweet image and I love your design and colouring :D

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a GORGEOUS card, great colouring and design and Love the bow idea, thanks
Faith
x

Bev said...

loving the soft look of this Jacki. Sorry I'm a bit late commenting!!